Sunday, January 01, 2012

Going back

So when I came back home on the 3rd of December, I was excited beyond measure. I knew I had one full month of "retirement-ki-zindagi" up ahead of me. Bestest of mommy-cooked food, going out with friends once a while, movies and sitcoms, playing around a bit, reading through a lot of junk, etc etc.

And before you know it, here we are. The end of the vacation which was so promising, and yet, shallow. A few hours away from the ride back to Delhi, it feels really odd.

Odd because, I've been through this before and yet, I don't know how to deal with it. When I had come, I was missing my life back in Delhi so so bad. I was missing the waking up late and running to college; somehow managing to attend the assembly and get the attendance. I missed the running around, doing society work. The going out with friends and eating out almost regularly.

And yet again, here we are. A month back at home, the luxuries of life; the watching television - something I had almost forgotten about back in Delhi; the sleeping way late at night and waking up lunch time! Gaming non stop and bugging mom! I had the best time at home - being jobless, doing whatever I felt like and taking a break.

But breaks aren't forever, are they?

And once again, the bags are packed. The documents are readied.
And off I go. Away from home.

1 comment: