Its a chance for players and officials all over the world to come together and surprise the spectators with some funny co incidences and much much more !!
The Palacios brothers from Honduras made history when all three were selected in the 23 man squad to represent their nation at the Rainbow nation. Never before have 3 brothers played for a country together.
However, it was the brotherly looks of some other players which caught my eye. You would remember Siphiwe Tshabalala, the guy from the Bafana Bafana who scored the first goal? Yesterday, I happened to watch the match between the South Africans and the Uruguayans and I noticed something peculiar.. Here, take a look :

To the left is South African, Siphiwe Tshabalala and to the right is Uruguayan Alvaro Parriera.Notice any similarities?
Well, it didn't end there. In the match before that, which was officiated by the veteran Howard Webb, I couldn't help not noticing how much Gokhan Inler (Switzerland) looked like Webb himself.
Here, take a look again :
Well, the WC sure throws some surprises !!



No comments:
Post a Comment