So 17th May came and whiskered by without me knowing just WHAT was going on !!
It started as a pretty ordinary day, albeit I was crazy tensed about the impending ISC results supposed to come out at 3 pm.
Fuck, this is HUGE. - There wasn't one minute which went past without me re-re-re-realizing this.
Okay, you know it wasn't that great. - My inner mind would counter.
Shit, what are my excuses if it goes that bad? Aha, the Cricket world cup! But, that's hardly an excuse! I wasn't well? No.. I couldn't study! I didn't have much time! Yeah, that sounds reasonable!
Evidently, I was going nuts. Each passing minute, a new excuse came propping up to my head and looked all the more appealing and believable. The stakes were high. All my dreams of breaking outside the unspoken rules of Conventional lines for the future and securing a decent college rested on what I would witness in a few hours - my ISC results. Phew.
I decided food wasn't the best thing to calm my nerves down. So, no food till results are out. " Aaj ratre Dominoes na hole korola! " was all my mind was thinking about. Sure, there have been many occasions when I had to go online to check my results and many a times it wasn't really pleasing to the eyes. I was still hopeful. Come on! The exams weren't THAT bad!
And then my mind would wander into the dark secret lanes of doubting myself.
-Really? Remember ICSE? You gave it your all, didn't you? 18 hours before the EVE - you were a bloody machine! And still, you managed only a 95.8 when you had a 97 on your mind!
-Cut it! That was ICSE. I was retarded back then. My entire English paper was a photocopy of the original works. I lacked creativity in my answers!
-So what? What about the Theory of Conservation of Hard Work? Your effort was much more! Proportionately, you shouldn't even manage a 95 this time.
-Big deal? Why is 95 SUCH a big deal?
-Because its your future, retard. You need at least a 96 to ensure the best of the best even slightly consider your case!
-AAAAAAAAA!!!
Yes. THAT was what I was going through. Matthew Perry tried a lot to get me relaxed but for one day, FRIENDS didn't help much.
The clock kept ticking.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
And suddenly Kushagra IMs me a link on Facebook. I clicked and it took me to an ISC result.
Wait a minute. Its only 2. The results aren't out till another hour.
OH, IS THAT A LEAK?
Yes, it WAS.
Hands trembling, I just about managed to type in my roll number into the address bar.
Tick. Tock.
I wasn't even halfway through the marks when my brain started functioning faster than a Super computer.
100, 100 - 200. 96 means minus 4, 97 means minus 3. That means 393 out of 400, 7/4 is 1.75 so that means my percentage is.... and my entire colony could hear me scream out " 98.25 !!! I managed a 98.25 !! Take THAT suckers !! "
Not really sure who took that, but I was JUBILANT. I had practically invested 2 months for the exams. Having taken co curriculars quite seriously, I could really never invest much time for the board examinations. But whoa. 98.25?! I was dazed!
The last few months had been hard. The burden of expectations, the stress of performance and then the never ending wait for results started to take quite a toll. But in the end, no one could have taken 17th May away from me.
Life, goes on. But well, I did have Dominoes for dinner. :D
(KFC, you're on tomorrow)
It started as a pretty ordinary day, albeit I was crazy tensed about the impending ISC results supposed to come out at 3 pm.
Fuck, this is HUGE. - There wasn't one minute which went past without me re-re-re-realizing this.
Okay, you know it wasn't that great. - My inner mind would counter.
Shit, what are my excuses if it goes that bad? Aha, the Cricket world cup! But, that's hardly an excuse! I wasn't well? No.. I couldn't study! I didn't have much time! Yeah, that sounds reasonable!
Evidently, I was going nuts. Each passing minute, a new excuse came propping up to my head and looked all the more appealing and believable. The stakes were high. All my dreams of breaking outside the unspoken rules of Conventional lines for the future and securing a decent college rested on what I would witness in a few hours - my ISC results. Phew.
I decided food wasn't the best thing to calm my nerves down. So, no food till results are out. " Aaj ratre Dominoes na hole korola! " was all my mind was thinking about. Sure, there have been many occasions when I had to go online to check my results and many a times it wasn't really pleasing to the eyes. I was still hopeful. Come on! The exams weren't THAT bad!
And then my mind would wander into the dark secret lanes of doubting myself.
-Really? Remember ICSE? You gave it your all, didn't you? 18 hours before the EVE - you were a bloody machine! And still, you managed only a 95.8 when you had a 97 on your mind!
-Cut it! That was ICSE. I was retarded back then. My entire English paper was a photocopy of the original works. I lacked creativity in my answers!
-So what? What about the Theory of Conservation of Hard Work? Your effort was much more! Proportionately, you shouldn't even manage a 95 this time.
-Big deal? Why is 95 SUCH a big deal?
-Because its your future, retard. You need at least a 96 to ensure the best of the best even slightly consider your case!
-AAAAAAAAA!!!
Yes. THAT was what I was going through. Matthew Perry tried a lot to get me relaxed but for one day, FRIENDS didn't help much.
The clock kept ticking.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
And suddenly Kushagra IMs me a link on Facebook. I clicked and it took me to an ISC result.
Wait a minute. Its only 2. The results aren't out till another hour.
OH, IS THAT A LEAK?
Yes, it WAS.
Hands trembling, I just about managed to type in my roll number into the address bar.
Tick. Tock.
I wasn't even halfway through the marks when my brain started functioning faster than a Super computer.
100, 100 - 200. 96 means minus 4, 97 means minus 3. That means 393 out of 400, 7/4 is 1.75 so that means my percentage is.... and my entire colony could hear me scream out " 98.25 !!! I managed a 98.25 !! Take THAT suckers !! "
Not really sure who took that, but I was JUBILANT. I had practically invested 2 months for the exams. Having taken co curriculars quite seriously, I could really never invest much time for the board examinations. But whoa. 98.25?! I was dazed!
The last few months had been hard. The burden of expectations, the stress of performance and then the never ending wait for results started to take quite a toll. But in the end, no one could have taken 17th May away from me.
Life, goes on. But well, I did have Dominoes for dinner. :D
(KFC, you're on tomorrow)

Nice... :) .. Congrats Man !!
ReplyDeleteoye TREAT KE LIYE KAB BULA RAHA HAI??
ReplyDeletebtw.. WHOAA 98.2!! .. well done boy!! m very very happy for u.. :)
Thanks Jonathan!
ReplyDeleteNiharika, Sure. As soon as I come to Pune :)