Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Looking Beyond

After LONG last, this finally happened over a moment of inspiration a few days back. The small things in life are what matter most. Here's an illustration.

Looking Beyond

And a little droplet marches along;
Fearlessly.
With little care of what lies ahead,
Gently, carving out its path,
It glides along the windowpane,
Like it had life of its own.

And here I was, smiling at its audacity,
Still.
Watching, as it engulfed the like,
Other drops which the rain had strewn across the glass,
Staring, at the life of this modest wonder,
Like I had none.

Almost as though, pacing itself,
The droplet, now made stronger; came to rest,
At the edge of the wooden frame that guarded the glass,
And gathering courage enough,
Plunged into the unknown;
Fearlessly.

And I stand, where I was,
Looking at the haze, beyond the glass
To the world, unknown, this lied beyond,
Gathering nerves enough, like my little friend,
I wait to replicate.

And the world celebrates today,
Amidst highs and lows, I stay still;
I wait to replicate.
To the world of my aspirations,
Here I come.

-------------------------------------------------------------

For first time readers, you might wanna try my previous pieces :

My Silent Smile : http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=109394887678
Under the Shadows of the Sun : http://taking-cover.blogspot.com/2010/06/under-shadows-of-sun.html
Another Day, in another world : http://taking-cover.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-day-in-another-world.htmlPassions of a Lover : http://taking-cover.blogspot.com/2010/09/passions-of-lover.html
Dear Mortals : http://taking-cover.blogspot.com/2010/11/dear-mortals.html
Do I deserve any Less? : http://taking-cover.blogspot.com/2011/04/do-i-deserve-any-less.html

1 comment: