Only a year back, this feeling was not so alien. And then, college happened.
Its another thing to press the pause button and take a look back at everything that whizzed by in the last ten months. But, time doesn't stop. Life, as they say, goes on.
So as the first year in college comes to a tiring end, there is so much for me to look back and learn from. Small and big, highs and lows;experiences which I will cherish for a long, long time to come! But even as I do so, the perennial continuity of life reminds me of the need to make sure this is not the end to the beautiful journey that started almost a year back. That, no matter what, life will go on.
Amidst mixed feelings of joy and anxiety, there is comfort in knowing a greater part of the 3 years in college is still to come. Going by how this one year was, the next two years look promising indeed. As college gives over for the summers, its nice to know that in two months, all the fun and excitement will be back. As I look back at the year that was, it thrills me to know that there will be greater challenges ahead. Tougher decisions and bigger stakes. And then, I realize how its nature's call to grow up.
I will miss the parties, the innumerable outings over lunch, the countless treats, the sleepovers, the fest madness, the "Happy Nights", and the extremely talented group of third years who will leave at the end of the year. For me, this last year was more than just those dispersed hours of academic learning. It was about making new bonds with some of the best people I've met in all my life.
My first year in college was downright "brilliant". Thank you, one and all, who've been there and made this year so special.
Over, and out.

No comments:
Post a Comment