Monday, December 07, 2009

The Mysterious Girl... Part III





"I need to go.. I guess we can find a time to talk later.." her words kept resonating in my mind for the entire duration that I had been away from school.

The next day was going to be special. I kept thinking for the entire duration of 20 hours 56 minutes and 45 seconds before I met her again the next day.. I had literally counted every second that passed by and had day and night dreamt of her throughout the time.

It was about 8:25 in the morning the next day when my school bus entered the premises. To everyone's surprise, I had been the first one to jump out of the bus and run towards the building that housed our classes. I passed the reception block and kept walking briskly. Its today or never Abhisek... I could hear my heartbeat.. The images of her smiling at me the previous day kept my mind astray.. I kept walking..

Just then, I caught something by the corner of my eye...

She stood there on the field looking at me. Her face had contracted a big smile.

I felt hysteric. I never thought about this..! In an attempt to look normal, I smiled back. Looking either sides to check whether we had gathered any attention, I moved in her direction. Luckily, no one was around.

"Hi" she was quick to start the conversation.

"Hey" I was spontaneous. I tried hard to NOT repeat the incidents of the day before, but my eyes wont listen. They started on their voyage of carefully glancing through all her facial features till they met their counterpart..

She looked ever so beautiful.. her face outlined by the drowsy sun in the background.. for a moment, I thought she resembled the perfect Greek goddess..

Look straight into her eyes.. My mind instructed me..

The silence seemed eternal. None of us spoke but we could hear each other reach out. She took the opportunity to break the seemingly everlasting silence..

"Why were you running?" she teased. I could see her trying to hide a smile.

"Umm.. Nothing really, just had an appointment.. " Okay, the opening had been smart. She sensed the sarcasm.

She quickly pulled back a strand of hair that had fallen on her face and tucked it behind her left ear.

"Dont do that.. it looks good otherwise.." There went the impulsive me! Shit.. I blew it up already!?

"What?" She shot back. Her tone was dreading. I looked at her cowardly till she burst out laughing. Her giggles seemed to have absorbed the entire atmosphere.. I couldn't help but manage a weak smile myself.. It was serene.. absolutely.

She kept her look at me intact.. as she started taking small steps to the back towards the building.. My smile broadened as she kept moving further behind with crossed arms which were clinched in a loose fist.. one step at a time.. in the sweetest manner that could possibly have existed..

"I'll meet you at the break" she shot back as she looked at me, still smiling. A moment later she turned back and hurled into the building.

As the episode started sinking in me.. I stood there, all by myself.. tracing the path she had just taken with my eyes..

I was struck by a bolt..

The bolt.. of love.. :)

3 comments:

  1. dats d sweet 1 abhisek.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dude , i was there when u two were talking that day on the ground.
    dont need to think over my words..

    ReplyDelete