Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Mysterious Girl.. continued


I was in love..

As the realization struck me, I hesitated but... it was too late..

I turned around.. staring in shock.. and more of disbelief. I had always been too busy in life to think about being in love. The rational part of me debated that it must be just an illusion, I cannot possible fall in love for heaven's sake!!

My heart, however, did a double take.. She was the most beautiful girl I met..

Her tender eyes had done the trick. I had been staring at her for six minutes??? I couldn't believe myself..! Not once in my sixteen years of life did I experience 'six minutes' which came even remotely close to the ones which I had just spent. And then it happened. If I had any doubts whether I had indeed fallen in love, they were cleared beyond all possibilities.

I could hear myself breathing.. No it was not asphyxiation, she was standing right next to me..!

In sheer bewilderment, I did not even as much move an inch.. I had stood at the same place, lost in my thoughts, when she did what I had least expected.

"Are you all right?" she asked in what I could process as the sweetest voice that could exist.

"Yeah.. I think I am.." I mustered. Not even close, to be honest, I thought.

"Sure?" God.. she was so beautiful..!

"Hmm.. yeah.. I am perfectly okay.." I tried to gather myself. I told myself I had to act normal, even though I wasn't. Don't lose it even before it begins.

"I need to go.. I guess we can find a time to talk later.." She said.. and it took me about 2 seconds to process every word.

"Yeah.. okay.." I replied.

She turned to go. I didn't want it, though. I thought not to look back at her. But, something told me she hadn't moved. She was still there. I looked up and found her eyes again. Gosh.. not again! This time, it was her staring at me. And I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. I looked elsewhere. Almost everyone around us were busy with themselves. I kind of liked the privacy.

She took a step back.

It, apparently, was enough to get my attention back. I looked at her. Her lips broadened into a smile. I couldn't resist myself doing the same. For the first time in life, I felt I was not listening to myself, like something else had control over me and my mind..

She took another step back.

Her smile broadened.

Bye.. she said, mutely. I lipread her. I did the same.

Yes, I told myself. I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment