The reflection was frivolous. And blinding. And passionate.
It was the reflection in her eyes.
Glittering against a backdrop of inhuman anxiety, her eyes became the only thing I could see. My senses went into temporary hibernation mode as I realized I was transfixed. Her mesmerizing fragrance took me to a world I never knew existed, a world far away from the complexities we dwell in. I felt a chill. Thoughts stopped to pour into my mind.
What is happening to me?
In the minutest of movements, her eyes moved. Ever so slowly, shifting her gaze from my left eye to my right. They seemed to become moistened with every passing second. The moisture made her eyes shine even more vigorously. I reasoned myself. I was hallucinating. This can not be happening!!
I was wrong.
Against my wishes, my eyes wont shut.
Let me see her!
Her eyes were beautiful. Much more than the word could possibly express.Much... Much... more! This was no delusion. She was there, right in front of me. And I had been staring into her eyes for the last five minutes now. Five minutes!!!
But I want to keep looking at her.. My heart argued against my mind. Experience told me in such cases, its always better to listen to what your heart says.
I did precisely that.
And it paid off.
In a matter of seconds, our gaze broke. And it took me some time to let the feeling finally settle in. This had never happened with me before. I was gazing at her for the last six minutes! The very thought sent another series of shock waves through my body.
I backed off. I had to. I turned back, still almost asphyxiating with the thought.
All I knew was that the job was done.
"Target down".
I was in love.

nice one..........keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ritinkar, that was thoroughly welcome! :)
ReplyDeletereally awesome!!!
ReplyDeletenice! that is short yet captivating!
ReplyDelete