Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ghost Protocol : Mustwatch!!

Okay, before I write a brief review of the movie, let me confess my innate likeness for the M:I  Series and Tom Cruise himself. So my review might be a little biased. But well, you have to give it to the M:I team. Whenever they are back, they are better - unlike many other movie sequels which can't live up to higher expectations.

So I happened to find myself in today's show and you know you're watching a good movie when the theater is packed and everyone is staring at the excellence on display in front of them.

M:I 4 started with what made the series all that popular - secrecy, deception, classic gadgets and sequences which leave you stunned. And all that without Cruise. All that follows is pure brilliance - the chase sequences, action and direction is state of the art.

From the Kremlin to Dubai to Mumbai, India, M:I 4 takes you across the Eastern half of the world with Ethan Hunt and team trying to save the world entering a catastrophic Nuclear war between Russia and the United States. Following the blow up of Russia's prized possession - The Kremlin, the President of the United States initiates Ghost Protocol - in order to dissolve the IMF, amidst allegations that the IMF was behind the attack after Ethan was caught in the blow up. As a result, the IMF is left stranded and its upto Ethan and team to chase down the perpetrators of the blow up without no back up.

From Russia, the team heads to Dubai to ambush an exchange of Nuclear Launch codes meant to trigger Nuclear Warheads. The 5-minute sequence of Cruise lizarding up the Burj Dubai is one of the best live action sequence you could watch. But of course, its not all that fancy by M:I standards.

The team heads to India from Dubai where you see our Jhakaas man's special appearance. Anil Kapoor does justice to another Hollywood movie yet again. The next half hour or so, entirely shot in Mumbai takes the movie to its climax as Ethan and team manage to Abort the nuclear warhead from hitting ground by a little more than a second.


From story to direction to acting, this movie has a thumbs up in every department. Go watch it and do yourself justice. Its the best of the M:I series so far and is a must watch. 3.5 / 5. Best movie of 2011 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment