I coerced not; I desired so.
I chose to face the tide.
Firmly grounded, assured of myself,
I was never the one to chide.
Knowing well what lied ahead
I chose to delve in the mess.
Tell me now; I took a leap of faith,
But do I deserve any less?
Beacons aplenty, traversed much,
The roads were smooth and plain.
But I chose not to follow the million such…
…I chose to adorn the path of disdain.
Not because I had no option,
Neither were obstacles the case,
And so I did, I took a leap of faith,
But do I deserve any less?
Rivers wide, I could be a part of,
But I chose to be that stream
Meandering through the unknown trough
I tried to emerge supreme.
Through the alleys of the less famous
I walked through the maze of stress
In everything I did, I took a leap of faith,
So do I deserve any less?
I chose to differ, I chose to change
I chose to alter belief,
I chose to carve a path for myself;
I chose to dig deep.
Moments weak, drained me off,
Stronger responses imparted me grace,
I chose to write my own destiny
Does that make me deserve any less?
I bled tears and mocked the time,
With a smile across my face,
Answer me; will there be a morrow sublime?
Will I deserve any less?
I stand by my choices today.
This hour, and this place,
Tell me now; I took a leap of faith…
But do I deserve any less?

No comments:
Post a Comment