Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The window of opportunity

The last time I blogged was so many days back that I really don't remember when it was! Well, credit goes to the highly efficient education system that our country has. The last two months have been the roughest in my short life. First, there was the ISC and then the much hyped IIT JEE.

Well, I wouldn't really admit I aced either. I had made a decision early into the last two years of my schooling that I would not sell out my participation in school for the sake of cracking the JEE and needless to say, it messed up my preparations pretty effectively. I wasn't an "all in for the IIT", but it was something which always had the appeal. Cracking the JEE     is an achievement, but an achievement I wouldn't have the distinction of making.

Yeah, as I said, the last two months have been very challenging, on emotional and psychological grounds. Being thoroughly under prepared, thanks to my over involvement in extra curricular, I was practically left with a months' time to prepare for my school-leaving board examinations, something which would single-handedly     become the deciding factor while getting admissions into colleges. I crammed up as much as possible and took the examination amidst an homely, yet unsettled environment.

Then came the "2 weeks before the JEE" and 18 hours a day didn't help me this time. I tried hard, very. But, sometimes all you can do is accept what destiny has for you. I could have changed it all, but then I didn't. Do I repent my decision? No. The two years at school, living each day for the friends, for the teachers, for the passion - nothing can overcome those moments. 


So, what is this writing all about, then?
No, its not my mind giving excuses and explanations for why I failed. Thing is, I never failed. No one can. Life is too short to fail. In the loving it lies the essence of living it and I love my life too much to fail.


Life will go on, as it always does. And pretty soon I may start believing in myself yet again and eventually might even pursue a career based on my passion. Someone had scripted "Whatever happens, happens for the good". I may have long denied the existence of what people call "God", but maybe there is a higher power which decides what is best for us. An opportunity missed is not a failure but just God's mysterious way of reminding us that it was not the right door.


The right door is always just round the corner, all it takes is a bit of courage to take the path that leads to the door. If life is all about choices, go by the heart. For the heart is stronger than the mind and reason can never defeat passion.

1 comment: